|Film Details||20 - Fatherlessness - 26m 51s|
|Age Rating||15 (strong footage/language, possibly including violence and sexual imagery)|
|Synopsis||Why is fatherlessness such an issue in our society? Explores the causes of fatherlessness and how it is encouraged and exacerbated by government and charities.
• The essential role of fathers to successful upbringing of children
• The numerous negative consequences of fatherlessness
• Government pursuing aspects of a Marxist model of society with excluded fathers, single mothers and children in childcare
• Society primed to expect aberrant behaviour from men
• NSPCC and their negative impact on family
• Men and women increasingly becoming divided and dissatisfied with each other
|Interviewees||Stephen Fitzgerald, National Organiser of the Mankind Initiative Men’s Charity.
Angry Harry, Psychologist and Men’s Rights activist, angryharry.com.
Simon, Psychologist and Writer.
Erin Pizzey, Author and Domestic Violence expert. Opened the world’s first domestic violence shelter in London and is a patron of the Mankind Initiative Men’s Charity. Author of the book “Prone to Violence”.
Oliver Curry, Evolutionary Psychologist at the London School of Economics and contributing author to Demos, the independent think tank and research institute.
Andrew, IT Engineer and footballer.
Michele Elliot, Director of Kidscape, a children’s charity, and author of the book “Female Sexual Abuse of Children”.
Daniel Monk, Law Lecturer at Birkbeck University, London, and a specialist in Family law.
Allan, Father and youth worker.
Professor Colin Francome, Professor Emeritus of Medical Sociology, Middlesex University. Author of the book “Improving Men’s Health”.
All interviews recorded in 2004
In the event of any issue with playback, this film can also be found here.